In a press release, Walt Disney World Resort has announced that beginning Sunday, Oct. 15, they will welcome guests – and their canine companions – to four of their resort hotels, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and the cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
From the press release:
The new service permits up to two dogs per guest room. Each resort also offers easy access to outdoor pet exercise areas and green spaces with pet relief areas.
Dog lovers will find plenty of Disney amenities and special touches for their four-legged friends.
· At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes a mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room.
· Day care and other pet services are offered nearby at Best Friends, an on-property full-service pet care facility. Fees apply.
· Coming soon – select pet merchandise at the four resort properties.
The resorts’ per night/per room pet-cleaning rates are:
· Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
· Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
· Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
· Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
Dogs staying in a Disney resort Guest rooms must be well behaved, leashed in resort public areas and properly vaccinated. For more information about the new dog-friendly trial program, including other restrictions and policies, guests may contact 407 W-DISNEY. DVC Members should contact Member Services at 800-800-9800.