by: Adam Alexander
Even if you don’t have any interest in it, you are aware that there is a HUGE pay-per-view fight on this weekend. Tomorrow night (Saturday 08/26) Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor will be going at it and here are 5 stats that are just crazy!!
1. Zero. The number of times Conor McGregor has stepped into a ring for an officially sanctioned amateur or professional boxing match. He HAS had 24 MMA matches though, and won 21 of them. (Bleacher Report)
2. 714. The number of days since Mayweather’s last fight, when he steps into the ring tomorrow. That fight was against Andre Berto on September 12, 2015. (Deadline)
3. 19.5 million: The number of pay-per-view buys Mayweather has helped generate in his career. That includes the three most-purchased fights in history: 2.4 million against Oscar De La Hoya in 2007. 2.2 million against Canelo Alvarez in 2013 and 4.6 million against Manny Pacquiao in 2015. (OddsShark)
4. $700 million: The total projected gross revenue for the fight. That would make it the most-watched and highest-grossing pay-per-view event EVER. (OddsShark)
5. $1 BILLION. The amount Mayweather’s career earnings could reach from this fight, depending on his payout from pay-per-view sales. The only other athletes to earn $1 billion from their sports careers are Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods. (Forbes)