By Adam Alexander
Moscow mules are one of the trendiest drinks of the past few years, and part of the appeal is because they come in those sweet COPPER MUGS that you’ve probably stole from a bar! They do look really good on Instagram but they may be poisoning you slowly!
Unfortunately, they might be slowly killing you! According to Iowa’s Alcoholic Beverages Division (Metro), you’re really not supposed to have copper come in contact with acidic food or drinks and Moscow mules are definitely acidic. This means it can absorb just a little of the copper in the mug and pass it along to you. So, if you drink them enough, you could wind up with copper poisoning and that can cause fatigue, fainting, and depression.
So you should probably think about limiting how many Moscow mules you drink or if you’ve gotta have them, drink them out of regular glasses once in a while.