Drinking Moscow Mules Might Be Slowly Poisoning You!

By Adam Alexander
Moscow mules are one of the trendiest drinks of the past few years, and part of the appeal is because they come in those sweet COPPER MUGS that you’ve probably stole from a bar!  They do look really good on Instagram but they may be poisoning you slowly!

Unfortunately, they might be slowly killing you!  According to Iowa’s Alcoholic Beverages Division (Metro), you’re really not supposed to have copper come in contact with acidic food or drinks and Moscow mules are definitely acidic.  This means it can absorb just a little of the copper in the mug and pass it along to you.  So, if you drink them enough, you could wind up with copper poisoning and that can cause fatigue, fainting, and depression.

So you should probably think about limiting how many Moscow mules you drink or if you’ve gotta have them, drink them out of regular glasses once in a while.

More from Adam Alexander
Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From MIX 105.1

Get The App
Win The Ultimate Volcano Bay ExperienceWe have your shot at the ultimate Volcano Bay experience!

Listen Live