By Jay Edwards
Even though Tom Brady turns 40 in a few weeks, he’s still considered one of the best in the NFL. However, he’s one of the most underpaid players in the league!
Currently in the NFL, 19 teams are paying more for their starting quarterback than the $14 million the New England Patriots are paying Brady. So, it’s no surprise that Brady tops a “USA Today” list of ‘The NFL’s 10 Most Underpaid Players.’
Here’s the complete top 10:
1. Tom Brady, New England Patriots. He earns $14 million a year, but there are 19 QBs that are paid more.
2. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots. He gets $6.75 million, but eight tight ends are paid more.
3. Casey Hayward of the Los Angeles Chargers makes $5.08 million, but 30 cornerbacks make more.
4. Donald Penn, Oakland Raiders. He earns $7.15 million, but 18 left tackles are paid more.
5. Richie Incognito, Buffalo Bills. He makes $4.92 million, but 21 left guards are paid more.
6. Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo Bills. He makes $9.71 million, but 21 QBs are paid more, including that Tom Brady guy.
7. Eric Berry, Kansas City Chiefs. He makes $5 million, with 21 safeties making more.
8. Travis Frederick, Dallas Cowboys. He makes $4.51 million, but nine centers are paid more.
9. Mario Addison, Carolina Panthers. He makes $4.35 million, but 34 defensive ends are paid more.
10. Apparently there’s a tie: Brent Grimes of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers makes $8 million, but 23 cornerbacks make more and Brandon Marshall of the New York Giants makes $4.46 million, but 38 wide receivers are paid more.
USA Today included only the players salary, not all their endorsements.