Alex Diaz’s 10 Best Tips To Maximize Your Volcano Bay Experience
June 26, 2017 8:00 AM
- I know your phone’s memory is Full, but I strongly suggest installing the Universal Studios app on your device. From the app not only will you have a complete map of the theme parks including where to eat and wait times, but you’ll scan your Volcano Bay ticket to link to your TapuTapu. On our visit, the lockers had not been synced with our Tapu so I had to use a credit card for our locker.
- Parking for Volcano Bay is at the garage as if you were going to Universal City Walk, Universal Studios, or Islands of Adventures. You will be bused to Volcano Bay.
- Unless you are getting Premium Seating, invest in a locker. After our initial purchase with a credit card, the Tapu device handled our full day access to our stuff and purchases. There are 4 locker stations around the park to secure your stuff.
- Arrive when the park opens! Since everyone on the planet wants to be experience the newness of Volcano Bay it has reached capacity early.
- Once you TapuTu ride a slide you are bound to that ride. You cannot Taptu ride multiple slides, however, you can tap for the Krakatau Aqua Coaster then ride a slide that reads Ride Now. When you tap for 2 slides you’ll be prompted to choose which One slide you wish to be on a virtual cue for.
- Where to lounge in between slides? The beachy area facing the volcano and wave pool is Waturi Beach is the most popular spot. If you are seeking a more quiet space you can reserve Premium Seating/Cabanas but do so in advance as they do sell out. Otherwise you can find loungers along the lazy rivers or other slides.
- If you have a foot fetish or sensitive feet wear your water shoes/flip-flops around the park. Most attractions will require you to leave them at the base of the slide as you enter the cue.
- Volcano Bay does provide a wide variety of places to grab a bite to eat and drink. Refer to Universal Orlando‘s policies and restrictions regarding bringing outside food to the park.
- No one ever goes to a water theme park to relax, but with a little planning and creativity it can be done!
- My Top 3 slides You must ride: Hona of the Hona (towering blue slide looks like the shell of a turtle). Krakatau Aqua Coaster (Yes it’s that awesome!) Ko’okiri Body Plunge (the red straight down slide inside the volcano).