When we are kids, we learn manners, or at least we are supposed to. Most of us follow the lead of out parents and how they REALLY are though. That’s important to know when you are a parent!
Mom and Dad taught us though, so we HAVE at least HEARD how to be not be rude. Some of us weren’t listening! Business Insider made a list for us!
The Top 5 Things That Make You Seem Rude:
1. Not saying “thank you.” Writing thank you NOTES isn’t a huge thing anymore, but it should be.
2. Interrupting people. Most people don’t do it on purpose, and might not even realize they did it but the person you interrupt definitely does.
3. Asking questions that are too personal. Especially at work, or with someone you’re not very close with. It puts them on the spot, so they feel rude if they don’t answer. How much do you make a year? Yes, that is rude to ask!
4. Not having good table manners, or being a jerk at restaurants. So, everything from chewing with your mouth open, to yelling at a waiter. Another one is ordering the most expensive thing on the menu when someone else is paying. Hey, if they offer….
5. Checking your phone when you’re talking to someone. You seem like you’re not really listening, and don’t care about what they’re saying. A lot of people even think it’s rude to leave your phone on the table in front of you when you’re in a meeting.