Have you been trying to lose weight and even through you’re eating right and exercising, the pounds just aren’t coming off? You could be making one of these six common mistakes, check them out…
1. Buying low-fat and low-cal versions of everything isn’t necessarily the best bet. They usually add more salt and sugar to make them taste good, so it doesn’t really help that much.
2. Indy 100 says only doing cardio and not lifting weights is a common weight loss mistake. Adding muscle is what kick-starts your metabolism. So, you should really do a combination of both.
3. Not getting enough sleep. You’re more likely to gain weight if you get less than six hours a night. The ideal amount of sleep is 7-8 hours a night, at least.
4. Don’t set unrealistic goals, like saying you’re going to lose 30 lbs in 30 days. You have to think long term and not expect to lose a ton of weight overnight. As soon as you get discouraged, you’ll be less likely to continue with the healthy eating and exercise.
5. According to Women’s Health Magazine, another common mistake is not drinking enough water. It makes you feel full, so you’re less likely to snack. You’re also less likely to drink stuff like soda and juice that have a lot of empty calories.
6. Weighing yourself too much. Your weight fluctuates during the day, so there’s no point in weighing yourself more than once. At most, you should only weigh yourself once a day, either in the morning or at night.