I’m always looking for creepy Halloween activities to do! From corn mazes, to pumpkin patches and carving them. Halloween seems to be the holiday for all ages.
While browsing for things to do, I came across this site, backpackverse.com with a list of spooky haunted hikes in Florida, along with their stories! Now, I’m sure some of it is a drive, especially when you have younger kids in the car. But if you’re as adventurous as me, this is right up your alley!
1. The Old Jail, Amelia Island – People have apparently seen lots of paranormal activity here. Apparently a spirit haunts the jail.
2. Orange Blossom Trail, Apopka – It’s been told that people randomly see a Native American spirit in a loin clothe.
3. Bagdad Cemetery, Milton – I read ‘cemetery’ and was sold on the idea. Anything to me in one is creepy at night. Apparently one of the tombstones rotates at night….
4. Coquina Beach, Bradenton – If you go to the end of the beach, there’s a picnic area, but it used to be a site for a hotel. People have been known to see a figure walk towards the ocean and disappear.
5. Crooked Mile Road, Merritt Island – If you go down it, there’s an old church and a graveyard that’s been said to be haunted.
6. Clearwater Beach – Soldiers used to deploy from there during WW11. A ghost of a woman in a wedding dress is said to haunt the beach, she was engaged to a soldier went off to war, and died.
7. Fort Clinch, Fernandina – People have spotted spirits of Civil War soliders who were said to have been brought back from the dead by incorrect practices of the dark arts. OH! And children have complained about feeling like something has bitten them…. anyone need me to babysit one day? no? ok 🙂
8. Wiccademous Grave, Fernandina – Apparently a girl was accused of being a witch and hung herself. Some say her spirit stayed and has been spotted.
9. Shingle Creek Cemetery, Kissimmee – Right around the corner! Well, almost. Lots of Confederate Soldiers and Vietnam War vets have been buried here. Visitors have said that they’ve seen them walking around at night.
10. Crystal Beach – There’s an abandoned house. If you can find it. The photo is in the link above. Whoever has lived in it has experiences paranormal activity. Ghost sightings, loud footsteps through the halls, and way more. That would probably be at the top of my list this year!
Hope you have fun exploring! Be safe and give us some feed back on our MIX 105.1 Facebook!