If you’re having a hard Monday in the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew, here are five things you can do to help you relax in only 30 seconds.
1. Laugh- Studies have shown it releases tension, reduces blood pressure, and can even lower your blood sugar levels.
2. Eat an orange, or anything else with vitamin C like blueberries or strawberries. Studies have found foods that are high in vitamin C can lower your blood pressure and calm you down.
3. Go outside- Especially today since Fall has finally made its way to Central Florida! According to Grandparents.com, a recent study in Scotland found that being in nature helps you relax, even if it’s just being around trees with fresh air.
4. Use rose oil- A recent study in Thailand found it lowers blood pressure and slows down your breathing.
5. Change Your Scenery- A 2011 study at Notre Dame found that when you change your environment, your brain essentially resets itself. So, if you’re stressed about something, just walk into another room and see if it helps.