Where did we get the word “Taser”? How many member of the Beach Boys actually surfed? Who did Kellogg’s steal the idea for Pop Tarts from? All that and more with Adam’s Fun Facts!
1. The world’s deepest cave is in the Czech Republic. It’s at least 1,325 feet deep and that’s as far as anyone’s been able to go, and they still haven’t found the bottom. (MNN)
2. The guy who created “Magic: The Gathering” is the great-great-grandson of President James Garfield. (Wikipedia)
3. Dennis Wilson was the only member of the Beach Boys who actually surfed. (People)
4. Kellogg’s ripped off the idea for Pop Tarts from Post. Post announced they were going to be making a pastry for your toaster called Country Squares, so Kellogg’s quickly developed their own version, and got them out first in 1964. (Wikipedia)
5. The TASER got its name from a young adult novel called “Thomas Swist’s Electric Novel”. It’s an acronym. (Wikipedia)