What do they call the restaurant “Hooters” in China? What was Simon Cowell’s first job in the entertainment business? What is the Michelin Man’s name? All that and more with Adam’s Fun Facts:
1. Simon Cowell’s first job was for a studio in London where “The Shining” was filmed, and he polished Jack Nicholson’s ax for the “Here’s Johnny” scene. (The Telegraph) Also, a FACT is that I (Adam) was the runner up for the part of “Danny” in The Shining! Yup, the “redrum” kid! It was down to me and him, I was 5 years old and we lived in Chicago. True story, and how I started my life as an actor.
2. The last six world records in the men’s marathon have all been set at the Berlin Marathon and all by runners from Kenya and Ethiopia. (Wikipedia) Non-Fact: I predict that we will see a runner break 2 hours for a marathon in our lifetime.
3. The Michelin Man has a name. And it is: Bibendum. (Wikipedia)
4. There was a silent movie version of “The Wizard of Oz” in 1925, but it has a different story than the famous version from 1939 and it got bad reviews. It did, however, have Oliver Hardy from Laurel and Hardy as the Tin Man. (Wikipedia)
5. In China, Hooters is called “American Owl Restaurant.” (New York Times)