How does the USDA regulate fruit cocktail? How many taste buds does a catfish have? What year did the original “Meet The Parents” come out? All that and more with Adam’s Fun Facts!
1. Catfish have the best sense of taste of any animal! They have more than 100,000 taste buds all over their bodies. Humans have about 10,000 taste buds, and they’re all on our tongue. Chickens have the fewest, with just 24. (LiveScience)
2. The highest and lowest point in the continental United States are in the same county. Inyo County, California has Mount Whitney and the Badwater Basin in Death Valley. (Wikipedia)
3. Pro athletes can write off any fines they get from their leagues as tax deductions. (Fields of Green)
4. “Meet the Parents” was actually a remake of a small independent film from 1992 that was also called “Meet the Parents”. It had a similar plot but very few people saw it when it was released. (Wikipedia)
5. The USDA regulates the fruit breakdown in fruit cocktail. It must be 30% to 50% diced peaches, 25% to 45% diced pears, 6% to 16% diced pineapple, 6% to 20% whole grapes and only a few cherries. (Wikipedia)