I love events where people wear name tags. It just makes life so much easier and less stressful! I get so uncomfortable when I have to do introductions and I can’t remember the person’s name!! Apparently, I am not alone!
A new study from Mirror found that the average person deals with 84 awkward social situations a year and the MOST awkward one is having to introduce someone when you can’t remember their name! See, told you!
Here are the top ten:
1. Introducing someone when you don’t know their name. 43% of us have done it.
2. Bumping into someone you don’t like.
3. Being interviewed for a new job.
4. Meeting someone who used to date the person you’re currently with.
5. Networking for your job.
6. Meeting the parents for the first time.
7. Going on a first date.
8. Talking to someone you’re attracted to.
9. Meeting up with someone you met online.
10. Greeting a room full of people. It’s not clear if that means walking into a room full of people, or having to meet and exchange names with a bunch of people at once.
A few more that made the top 20 were bumping into an ex (duh), meeting your idol or a celebrity (really? Stressful?), dancing with someone, a first kiss, standing up in a packed train or bus and being told you have something in your teeth!!