Which Muppet plays the most musical instruments? What were Tarot Cards originally for? How many one name names are on The Hollywood Walk Of Fame? It’s Adam’s Fun Facts!
1. Tarot cards were originally invented in Europe in the 1400s as a regular card game. Fortune tellers didn’t start using them until the late 1700s. (Wikipedia)
2. Rowlf the Dog has played the most instruments of any Muppet in either their TV shows or their movies. He’s best known for being behind the piano, but he’s played eight other instruments too. (Muppets)
3. The term “blowing smoke up your [butt]” comes from the late 1700s, when doctors LITERALLY blew smoke into people’s rectums when they were trying to resuscitate them. (Gizmodo)
4. There’s a knockoff version of Viagra sold in India called Erecto and it’s legal, since under Indian law drug formulas can’t be patented. It costs a fraction of what the real stuff costs in the United States. (New York Times)
5. There are 13 stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame where people are only identified by one name, including Houdini, Liberace, Roseanne, Shakira, Slash, and Sting. (Wikipedia)