Who owns the rights to the song “Hokey Pokey?” How many lives did Ronald Reagan say he saved when he was a lifeguard? How hard was that math problem that Matt Damon solved in “Good Will Hunting?” All that and more with Adam’s Fun Facts!
1. Ronald Reagan was a lifeguard in high school and he saved 77 people from drowning. (Miller Center)
2. Michael Jordan got his degree in “cultural geography” from the University of North Carolina, because his backup plan after basketball was to be a weatherman. (Huffington Post)
3. The author who wrote “The Treasure of the Sierra Madre” was a German guy named B. Traven, but not really, That was a pen name and no one is sure of his real name. (Wikipedia)
4. The math problem that Matt Damon solves in “Good Will Hunting” isn’t actually very hard, according to a mathematician from Cambridge and even someone who wasn’t a mathematician could probably solve it. (Slate)
5. Sony owns 100% of the music publishing rights for the “Hokey Pokey”. (New York Times)