In “Raiders of the Lost Ark” what famous scene was actually a painting? What were the Oompa Loompas in the original book? When did we come up with “B.C.” and “A.D.” and more! It’s Adam’s Fun Facts!
1. In 1976, a book about a lonely librarian in an, um, “adult” relationship with a BEAR won a prestigious writing award in Canada. (Wikipedia)
2. The famous warehouse at the end of “Raiders of the Lost Ark” is just a painting. It just looks real thanks to great camera work. (Vashi Visuals)
3. “B.C.” and “A.D.” were invented in 525 A.D. by a monk who wanted to make sure they were celebrating Easter on the right date. (Amazing Bible Timeline)
4. There are only five left-handed catchers in baseball history who’ve played more than one season. Lefties are almost never catchers, because it’s much harder for them to throw out players stealing third base. (Tripod)
5. In Roald Dahl’s first version of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” in 1964, the Oompa Loompas were black pygmy slaves from Africa. But the book was revised and republished in 1972, and they were described as white dwarf hippies. (Roald Dahl Fans)