If you frequent Starbucks, congratulations, you have a good paying job! You also probably already know that Starbucks charges you 10 cents less if you bring your own cup and that you can get free refills if you sign up for their rewards card you can get free refills. However, there are some other ways to save that you may not be aware of!
Here are five “tricks” that can also save you money at Starbucks:
1. Make your own latte for half the price. Just ask for a double shot of espresso in a venti cup, then add your own milk from the condiment bar. The downside is it won’t be steamed milk. Oh, and it is a lot of work.
2. Make your own chai latte. Just order a cup of hot water and a chai tea packet, and add the milk yourself. Again, it’s probably not as good, but it’s half the price.
3. Order a “short” instead of a “tall”. It’s eight ounces instead of 12 but if you order a short cappuccino, they’ll still use the same amount of espresso. Meaning you get just as much caffeine for less money. Obviously your actual drink is smaller though.
4. Ask for less ice in your iced coffee. They also tend to add too much milk when they pour it so tell them you’ll add the milk yourself, and you’ll end up with more coffee.
5. Split a venti with a friend. You need someone else for this one, but if you order a 24-ounce venti and also ask for an empty 12-ounce cup, they’ll usually give you one.
OK, so all of these things require you do take some extra steps and chances are you are in a hurry to get to that high paying job that affords you the luxury of Starbucks, but if it’s an occasional treat that you want to save some money on, there you are.