I am just here to save you time! There was a woman that read over 500 self help books and she says you can sum them all up with 5 basic things! She published her findings in the Huffington Post!
Here are the 5 main principles of all the self help books (pretty much):
1. Take responsibility for your life. Meaning, don’t make excuses or blame other people. Including your parents, or the fact that you didn’t have as many opportunities as some people. Regardless of all that, YOU control how you live your life.
2. Do the things you’re talented at and passionate about. In other words, do what you love. These are things that we tend to be good at and passionate about. So if you just keep at those, you’ll be successful.
3. Learn that happiness is all in your head. In other words, how happy or miserable you are depends on how you REACT to things. Obviously a million things can affect the kind of mood you’re in each day, but only if you let them.
4. Love yourself. Which is actually the hardest one for a lot of people. But basically you should learn to be happy with who you are, and try not to base your self-esteem on comparing yourself to other people.
5. Have faith that good things will happen if you keep trying. Remember that all things are temporary and some of it is beyond your control! You also have to stay hopeful when things aren’t going great.
Hope this summary has saved you time and money. Now go live by these 5 things and you have helped yourself!