What is the only country to start with a “Q” and what is the only country to end with one? What huge historical event happened on President Truman’s birthday? Who is the only movie character to make AFI’s list for best hero and best villain?
1. The Terminator is the only character that made AFI’s lists of the 50 best heroes in movie history, AND the 50 best villains. (Wikipedia)
2. Nazi Germany surrendered in World War Two on President Truman’s birthday, May 8th. (Wikipedia)
3. Corinthian leather doesn’t have any connection to the Greek city Corinth. It was invented and produced in Newark, New Jersey. (Wikipedia)
4. Qatar is the only country that starts with the letter Q. (You can pronounce it Cutter or Kuh-TAR.) Iraq is the only country that ends with it. (Best Mankind)
5. The phrase “throw me under the bus” has only been around for a few decades. The first time someone used it to describe sacrificing someone for selfish reasons was in an article in the “Colorado Springs Gazette-Telegraph” in 1991. (Wikipedia)