Here’s an easy Memorial Day grilling idea that can be served with sliced fruit or bakery-bought brownies.
Grilled Chicken & Corn Salad
Yield: 2 servings
3 ears corn in husks, protruding silk removed
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
Freshly ground pepper
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved 2 small zucchini, cut in 1/4 -inch planks lengthwise
1 tablespoon each: freshly squeezed lemon juice, red wine vinegar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
1. Heat grill to high. Grill corn, turning as needed to prevent burning, until done, about 25 minutes (husks may darken without burning the corn).
2. Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with a rolling pin or heavy spatula until about 1/2 -inch thick. Season both sides with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and pepper to taste.
3. Grill chicken and zucchini until done, about 5 minutes per side. Cut zucchini into cubes place in large bowl. Add tomatoes. Shuck corn cut kernels off cobs. Add corn to the bowl.
4. Whisk lemon juice, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk in olive oil. Stir in thyme. Toss corn salad with all but 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette. Season with pepper to taste, plus more salt if needed. Slice chicken into 1/2 -inch slices. Divide corn salad between 2 dinner plates. Top with sliced chicken. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over chicken.
More Recipes From Heather McPherson
- Blackberry Pepper Wings
- Chicken with Eggplant, Zucchini and Apricot Skewers
- Sweet Potato and Caramelized Onion Pizza
- Citrus Watermelon Wings
- Pasta with Chicken, Corn and Tomatoes
- Curry-Lime Chicken Thighs with Tomato-Lima Bean Salsa
- Sweet Spicy Salmon with Honey-Mango Salsa
- Mexican-Style Pot Roast
- Beef Roast With Roasted Cauliflower
- Chicken with Roasted Tomato Sauce