Obviously, status symbols change over time. A new survey asked people to name the top status symbols today, then compared them to a similar survey from the 1980’s.The results are actually pretty funny!
Here are the top 10 status symbols today . . .
1. A fancy car.
2. A designer watch.
3. A swimming pool.
4. Flying first class.
5. Owning a second home.
6. Having a tennis court.
7. Sending your kids to private school.
8. Having a vacation home.
9. A home with electric front gates.
10. A nanny.
Only one of those things has stayed consistent since the ’80s and that is ending your kids to private school.
Here are the top 10 status symbols from the ’80s and they’re mostly things we take for granted today.
1. A car phone.
2. A dishwasher.
3. Sending your kids to private school.
4. Having two cars.
5. Going overseas for a vacation.
6. Having a sunroom.
7. Owning a horse.
8. A color TV.
9. Diamond jewelry.
10. Having a cordless phone.
The survey also found people think a fancy house today costs at least $1 million and in the ’80s, people thought a fancy house cost $78,000.
You can check out the complete story from The Daily Mail here
The Latest From MIX
- Be Caller #105 To Win A Trip To The VMA’s!
- Selena Gomez Confirms Marshmello Collaboration
- Fergie Reveals ‘Double Dutchess’ Tracklist
- This Free Ticket Week Win Tickets To See Shania Twain!
- Watch Madonna Forget the Words to Her Own ‘B-Day Song’
- James Corden and Lin-Manuel Miranda Perform ‘Hair’ in LA Traffic
- Rachel Platten Debuts New Single ‘Broken Glass’
- Taylor Swift Clears Social Media Accounts, Is New Music Coming?
- Teens React To The Backstreet Boys
- Community Connection – Save Meals On Wheels!