Obviously, status symbols change over time. A new survey asked people to name the top status symbols today, then compared them to a similar survey from the 1980’s.The results are actually pretty funny!
Here are the top 10 status symbols today . . .
1. A fancy car.
2. A designer watch.
3. A swimming pool.
4. Flying first class.
5. Owning a second home.
6. Having a tennis court.
7. Sending your kids to private school.
8. Having a vacation home.
9. A home with electric front gates.
10. A nanny.
Only one of those things has stayed consistent since the ’80s and that is ending your kids to private school.
Here are the top 10 status symbols from the ’80s and they’re mostly things we take for granted today.
1. A car phone.
2. A dishwasher.
3. Sending your kids to private school.
4. Having two cars.
5. Going overseas for a vacation.
6. Having a sunroom.
7. Owning a horse.
8. A color TV.
9. Diamond jewelry.
10. Having a cordless phone.
The survey also found people think a fancy house today costs at least $1 million and in the ’80s, people thought a fancy house cost $78,000.
You can check out the complete story from The Daily Mail here
The Latest From MIX
- Taylor Swift Hosts Fan-Only ‘Reputation’ Playback at Rhode Island Home
- Linkin Park Fans Create Message of Support Ahead of Chester Bennington Tribute
- Michelle Williams Gets Candid on Battle with Depression, Suicidal Thoughts
- Kelly Clarkson Debuts New Track ‘Meaning of Life’
- Katy Perry Got Stuck On a Floating Prop at Her Nashville Show: Watch
- Charlie Puth Can’t Stop Dancing in ‘How Long’ Music Video
- Taylor Swift Teases New Single ‘Gorgeous’
- George Michael Celebrated in Nostalgic New ‘Fantasy’ Video
- Azuki The Camping Hedgehog
- Miley Cyrus Sends Video Message to Las Vegas Victim