Obviously, status symbols change over time. A new survey asked people to name the top status symbols today, then compared them to a similar survey from the 1980’s.The results are actually pretty funny!
Here are the top 10 status symbols today . . .
1. A fancy car.
2. A designer watch.
3. A swimming pool.
4. Flying first class.
5. Owning a second home.
6. Having a tennis court.
7. Sending your kids to private school.
8. Having a vacation home.
9. A home with electric front gates.
10. A nanny.
Only one of those things has stayed consistent since the ’80s and that is ending your kids to private school.
Here are the top 10 status symbols from the ’80s and they’re mostly things we take for granted today.
1. A car phone.
2. A dishwasher.
3. Sending your kids to private school.
4. Having two cars.
5. Going overseas for a vacation.
6. Having a sunroom.
7. Owning a horse.
8. A color TV.
9. Diamond jewelry.
10. Having a cordless phone.
The survey also found people think a fancy house today costs at least $1 million and in the ’80s, people thought a fancy house cost $78,000.
You can check out the complete story from The Daily Mail here
The Latest From MIX
- John Singleton Slams Tupac Movie ‘All Eyez On Me’
- Wyclef Jean Announces New Album, Drops 2 New Tracks
- JAY-Z Pens Inspiring Call for Social Justice
- RUMOR: Is A ‘Friends’ Spin-Off Starring Phoebe Buffay On The Way?
- One Direction Members Send Condolences on Passing of Harry Styles’ Step-Father
- Blake Shelton Wishes Carson Daly a Happy Birthday, as Only He Can
- [WATCH] New ‘Lucky Charms’ Milkshake From Burger King!
- Play ALL Your Favorite Sega Games On IOS And Android!
- Rihanna Gives Heartbroken Fan Sweet Breakup Advice
- Lorde Selling Autographed Lithographs for 24 Hours