Obviously, status symbols change over time. A new survey asked people to name the top status symbols today, then compared them to a similar survey from the 1980’s.The results are actually pretty funny!
Here are the top 10 status symbols today . . .
1. A fancy car.
2. A designer watch.
3. A swimming pool.
4. Flying first class.
5. Owning a second home.
6. Having a tennis court.
7. Sending your kids to private school.
8. Having a vacation home.
9. A home with electric front gates.
10. A nanny.
Only one of those things has stayed consistent since the ’80s and that is ending your kids to private school.
Here are the top 10 status symbols from the ’80s and they’re mostly things we take for granted today.
1. A car phone.
2. A dishwasher.
3. Sending your kids to private school.
4. Having two cars.
5. Going overseas for a vacation.
6. Having a sunroom.
7. Owning a horse.
8. A color TV.
9. Diamond jewelry.
10. Having a cordless phone.
The survey also found people think a fancy house today costs at least $1 million and in the ’80s, people thought a fancy house cost $78,000.
You can check out the complete story from The Daily Mail here
The Latest From MIX
- The Moment The Internet Realized Katy Perry’s “Bon Appetit” Will Not Feature Ariana Grande Is Gold
- Lana Del Rey Taps Stevie Nicks for New Track: Report
- Katy Perry’s New Single ‘Bon Appétit’ Features Migos
- Chipotle Is Adding Dessert To The Menu
- Katy Perry, Haim & LCD Soundsystem Set for ‘Saturday Night Live’
- [WATCH] The Wonders Reunite For ‘That Thing You Do!’
- New Starbucks Dragon Frappuccino
- Join Mix 105.1 For The 2017 Orlando Fringe Festival
- Ed Sheeran Spends Time with Terminally Ill 6-Year-Old Fan
- Drake World’s Most Popular Artist, Has Award to Prove It