10 Things You Can Do In Florida Right Now That New Yorkers Can Not
It’s no secret that sometimes, you may ask yourself, “Why do I still live in Florida?”
Then something happens like the “polar vortex” and basically sends the entire northern part of the country into a deep freeze and you suddenly realize you chose to live in Florida so you don’t turn into an Eskimo.
And there are many things you can do this weekend in Florida that New Yorkers cannot.
1. Go to the beach and actually get into the water and not contract hypothermia. (Yes it’s cold but not iced over like many northern coastal communities.)
2. Play golf and wear shorts.
3. The theme parks are thinning out since the holidays are over, so you can enjoy a churro.
4. Go for a run outdoors and not get chapped everything.
5. Nothing beats a BBQ in the middle of winter right?
6. Try to not drown in the water while paddle boarding. (It’s not easy.)
7. Wash your car.
8. Take the boat for a spin. Our rivers aren’t blocked from ice so you can enjoy the scenery of the St John’s River.
9. Take the kids to the park. Be sure to pack sunscreen and water, it’s going to be 85 on Saturday.
10. Take selfies outdoors and send them to your friends in the Northeast with the caption, “Winter is so brutal #PolarVortex.”
What’s New On MIX 105.1?
- Dana’s Dirt – Katy Perry And Miley Cyrus Disagree About Kiss
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo
- [PHOTOS] MIX 105.1 At A Pair To Remember
- [PHOTOS] ZZ Ward In The MIX 105.1 All Access Lounge
- Jennifer Lopez’s Drops New Single, ‘I Luh Ya Papi’ Featuring French Montana
- New Study Finds That Some People Are Incapable of Enjoying Music
- Adam Lambert Will Join Queen On Upcoming North American Tour