10 Things You Can Do In Florida Right Now That New Yorkers Can Not
It’s no secret that sometimes, you may ask yourself, “Why do I still live in Florida?”
Then something happens like the “polar vortex” and basically sends the entire northern part of the country into a deep freeze and you suddenly realize you chose to live in Florida so you don’t turn into an Eskimo.
And there are many things you can do this weekend in Florida that New Yorkers cannot.
1. Go to the beach and actually get into the water and not contract hypothermia. (Yes it’s cold but not iced over like many northern coastal communities.)
2. Play golf and wear shorts.
3. The theme parks are thinning out since the holidays are over, so you can enjoy a churro.
4. Go for a run outdoors and not get chapped everything.
5. Nothing beats a BBQ in the middle of winter right?
6. Try to not drown in the water while paddle boarding. (It’s not easy.)
7. Wash your car.
8. Take the boat for a spin. Our rivers aren’t blocked from ice so you can enjoy the scenery of the St John’s River.
9. Take the kids to the park. Be sure to pack sunscreen and water, it’s going to be 85 on Saturday.
10. Take selfies outdoors and send them to your friends in the Northeast with the caption, “Winter is so brutal #PolarVortex.”
What’s New On MIX 105.1?
- Text To Win Tickets To See THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!
- Pharrell Releases ‘Social Book,’ Which Relies on Readers to Help Write It
- Watch Katy Perry Go Undercover in ‘Birthday’
- One Direction Accused of Plagiarism with ‘You and I’ Video
- Beyoncé Lands the Cover of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People Issue
- Avril Lavigne Responds to Claims That Her ‘Hello Kitty’ Video is Racist
- Morning MIX Podcast: 10 Things Women Want Before Hooking-Up
- The 10 Things Women Want Before They’ll Hook Up
- Chipotle Barbecue Chicken
- The 10 Things Real Men Never Do