10 Things You Can Do In Florida Right Now That New Yorkers Can Not
It’s no secret that sometimes, you may ask yourself, “Why do I still live in Florida?”
Then something happens like the “polar vortex” and basically sends the entire northern part of the country into a deep freeze and you suddenly realize you chose to live in Florida so you don’t turn into an Eskimo.
And there are many things you can do this weekend in Florida that New Yorkers cannot.
1. Go to the beach and actually get into the water and not contract hypothermia. (Yes it’s cold but not iced over like many northern coastal communities.)
2. Play golf and wear shorts.
3. The theme parks are thinning out since the holidays are over, so you can enjoy a churro.
4. Go for a run outdoors and not get chapped everything.
5. Nothing beats a BBQ in the middle of winter right?
6. Try to not drown in the water while paddle boarding. (It’s not easy.)
7. Wash your car.
8. Take the boat for a spin. Our rivers aren’t blocked from ice so you can enjoy the scenery of the St John’s River.
9. Take the kids to the park. Be sure to pack sunscreen and water, it’s going to be 85 on Saturday.
10. Take selfies outdoors and send them to your friends in the Northeast with the caption, “Winter is so brutal #PolarVortex.”
What’s New On MIX 105.1?
- Win Tickets To See THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!
- Win Tickets To Busch Gardens Tampa!
- Win $1,000 In Totally Awesome Cash!
- [PHOTOS] Meet and Greet With Andy Grammer
- [PHOTOS] MIX 105.1 All Access Lounge Starring Andy Grammer
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video
- Dana’s Dirt – Katy Perry Has A New Puppy
- MIX At The IOA Corporate 5K