Avril Lavigne Talks Upcoming Album As First Single, “Rock N Roll,” Drops Today
After four previous albums, Avril Lavigne is simplifying at least one thing on her upcoming fifth album, which drops on November 5th. It’s titled simply Avril Lavigne.
“Fifth record in, eleven years later, a very diverse record, can’t figure out what to call it,” Lavigne said when describing the decision to go with a self-titled album. “There’s so many different styles and sounds, and it’s everything I’ve kind of touched on in the past and knew,” she continued. “I couldn’t figure out what to call it and I just thought, you know, this is the perfect time for a self-titled record. It’s very me.”
Once again, this album will be produced by her long-time producer and mentor, L.A. Reid. “He initially discovered me when I was 15 and he signed me to my first record contract. We made my first album together,” Lavigne offered. “Now, flash forward ten years later, we’re back together working on this one.”
And it’s obviously a very special bond between the two of them. “He was somebody I really looked up to,” she shared. “It’s really great having his support. He’s an amazing person and we have a great relationship. We’ve been working really hard together on this record.” In addition to Reid, Lavigne also enjoyed the guidance and support from husband Chad Kroeger of Nickelback fame.
The album’s first single, “Here’s To Never Growing Up,” debuted in April at #1 in 22 different countries, letting her know that she was still in demand by her fans. “My fans have been really amazing. We have a great Twitter relationship,” she shared. “I’m happy to be releasing new material for them 11 years later. It’s a really exciting time for me and I’m very grateful.”
The album’s second single, “Rock N Roll,” is available on iTunes today. Click here to check out the recently released video for “Rock N Roll.”
Get The Latest From MIX
- MIX105.1 & The Brides Against Breast Cancer Pink Pop-Up Pavilion At The Southern Women’s Show!
- Dana’s Dirt – Who Is The Next Bachelor?
- Miley Cyrus and 5 Other Musicians Who’ve Used Award Shows as Protest Signs
- The Best Robin Williams Films Available On Netflix
- 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Your Morning Coffee
- Morning MIX Podcast: Collecting Cat Whiskers
- Justin Bieber Compares Himself to Princess Diana After Being Rear-Ended By Paparazzi
- The Highest-Paid Male TV Actors
- Miley Cyrus Lashes Out at Media For Going After Her Homeless VMA Date, Jesse Helt
- 9 Things That Are Fine Here, But Offensive In Other Countries