Want some behind-the-scenes info about “Saturday Night Live” and get some dirt on celebrities and bands that have been banned from the show? I knew you would, check this out!
Someone at Buzzfeed.com has put together a list of 9 People Who Were Banned from “Saturday Night Live”. Here are the ones they listed, along with the reason why they were allegedly booted:
1. The punk band Fear for trashing the “SNL” set back in 1981.
2. Steven Seagal for being a bad host and being a jerk to the cast and crew. He hosted back in 1991. The next year, Lorne Michaels supposedly told Nicolas Cage that Steven was “The biggest jerk who’s ever been on the show.”
3. Adrien Brody for a horrible 45-second ad-libbed introduction to musical guest Sean Paul in 2003.
4. Elvis Costello for playing his politically-charged song “Radio, Radio” in 1977, even though he was explicitly told to play his single “Less Than Zero.” His ban was lifted in 1989 and he’s performed several times since.
5. Frank Zappa for doing a terrible job of hosting the show in 1978.
6. Martin Lawrence for being extremely filthy in his monologue in 1994. He dissed the censors and launched into a commentary about feminine hygiene.
7. Cypress Hill for lighting a joint on stage and trashing the stage and their instruments during a performance in 1993.
8. The Replacements for a bad, drunken performance in 1986. They missed whole verses, repeated lyrics, stumbled into each other, messed up guitar lines, and screamed obscenities at the audience.
9. Sinead O’Connor for ripping up a picture of the Pope, looking into the camera, and saying, quote, “Fight the real enemy.”
The Latest From MIX
- Cashew Chicken with Orange Glaze
- Kid Rock on Senate Run: ‘Democrats are Shattin’ in their Pantaloons’
- Judge Denies Beyoncé’s Motion to Dismiss ‘Formation’ Lawsuit
- Justin Bieber Hits Paparazzi Photographer with His Car
- Lady Gaga Tweets President Trump to Protest Transgender Military Ban
- Kid Smarts With Isabella From Orlando! 07/27/2017
- The 7 Best Insults You Can Use That Have No Profanity!
- Adam’s Fun Facts: Chili’s, Tinder, Contronym & More!
- Rihanna Meets with French President and First Lady
- Charli XCX Debuts Boy-Filled ‘Boys’ Video