There’s not much to ask for on Valentine’s Day other than some romance, chocolate, and presents, right? So, why do so many guys seem to be afraid of the the big day?
Here are 5 reasons why guys are afraid of Valentine’s Day according to Glamour Magazine:
1. They don’t know whether to celebrate it. Guys have trouble finding a compromise between not acknowledging Valentine’s Day and making a big deal out of it. They don’t want to make Valentine’s Day feel like a commitment, but they also don’t want it to seem like they aren’t into you if they don’t celebrate.
2. The pressure to act extra romantic. If you are in a serious relationship, your man probably knows to rise to the occasion, but guys don’t appreciate having romance being forced on them.
3. Being single. Don’t worry, we’ve all been there.
4. Finding the perfect gift. Roses and chocolate are typical, but they don’t provide sentimental value. Try to find something that is specific to your significant other’s personality.
5. Bills, bills, bills. Let’s get serious. Valentine’s Day isn’t the cheapest holiday and if you’re the man, you probably will be paying for most of it.
Are you and your guy on the same page when it comes to Valentine’s Day?