10 Things You Don’t Know About Hunter Hayes
He’s one of the hottest country cross-over artists on the scene right now and his hit single “Wanted” has been on Billboard’s Hot 100 for 35 weeks now! Oh, and did we mention he’s currently touring with Carrie Underwood? But who is this Hunter Hayes guy and is he really that young?
Here are 10 things you didn’t know about Hunter Hayes:
1. Even though his voice is deep and mature, young Hunter Hayes is only 21 years old! He was born on September 9, 1991 in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana.
2. Hunter began his musical career at the age of 2 when his grandmother gave him an accordian. By the time he was 4 years old, he made appearances on Maury, Rosie, and Nickelodon.
3. According to IMDB, Hunter Hayes released his first album of Cajun music shortly after his fifth birthday. Yes, he recorded his first record when he was only 4 years old!
4. According to American Songwriter, Hunter received his first guitar from actor Robert Duvall.
5. In September of 2010, just a few years after moving to Nashville, Hayes was signed to Atlantic Records. In that same year, he co-wrote the song “Play” for Rascal Flatts.
6. Hunter Hayes has toured with and opened for some of country’s biggest names, including Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts, and Carrie Underwood.
7. Just 2 days before his 21st birthday, Hayes was inducted as the youngest member ever into the Louisiana Music Hall of Fame.
8. What’s Hunter’s favorite guitar to play? Gotta be a Martin, considering he was signed in May of 2012 as the newest brand ambassador of the Martin line of guitars.
9. Hunter played every single instrument on his Grammy nominated album Hunter Hayes. How many instruments is that? 32 to be exact, plus he produced his own album too! This kid’s got talent!
10. Hunter is an only child to parents Leo and Lynette. He says his favorite color is red, and after lots of digging, it looks like he’s single!