Everyone needs a show-stopping dessert for a holiday party. This amazing recipe from Heather McPherson of The Orlando Sentinel features cookie dough balls between layers of smooth chocolate cheesecake batter.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Chocolate Cheesecake
Yield: 12 servings
1 cup (16 to 18 crackers) round snack crackers (such as Ritz), finely crushed
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 cups (12-ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1 package (16 ounces) refrigerated peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bar dough
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine cracker crumbs, pecans and butter in large bowl; mix well. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
3. Place 1 2/3 cups morsels in medium, microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high power for 1 minute; stir. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth.
4. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large mixer bowl for about 3 minutes or until completely smooth and creamy in texture. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold melted chocolate into cream cheese mixture and continue folding until mixture is uniform in color.
5. Spoon about a third of the cream cheese mixture into springform pan; spread mixture evenly over crust. Cut 10 cookie dough bar squares in half; roll into balls. Place 12 around 1 inch from outer edge, 6 in the middle and 2 in the center. Spoon remaining batter gently over dough balls; smooth down top.
6. Bake 45 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
7. Cut remaining cookie dough squares in half; roll into balls. Bake to desired doneness. Melt remaining 1/3 cup morsels and spread or drizzle over top of cheesecake. Garnish each cheesecake slice with a cookie or crumble the cookies and sprinkle around edge of the cheesecake.