The Voice has been gaining fans week by week, and it seems that the attachment to its artists continue to grow. We’ve seen fans around the world showing support for their favorite contestants by blasting hashtags on twitter, changing their profile pictures on Facebook, and taking to the web to proclaim their loyalty to specific teams.
We often see the emotional attachment that judges Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green, Blake Shelton, and Christina Aguilera feel towards the artists they are mentoring closely week to week, but last night proved to be more than anyone expected when Cee-Lo broke down into tears while watching two of his team members sing Journey’s “Faithfully.”
I wasn’t really crying there was something in both my eyes…I’m a man dammit:)
— Cee Lo Green (@CeeLoGreen) March 27, 2012
The song was written by Jonathan Cain, Journey’s keyboardist, and the 2nd single off of their album Frontiers, “Faithfully” is a song about a man on the road. It’s describes the roller coaster of experiences he has while on tour, trying to balance raising a family, keeping the love alive with his lady at home, and remaining faithful.
We can only imagine how much it resonates for a man like Cee Lo.
It comes as no surprise that Cee Lo would pick a Journey song considering the success the band has had with their music. Their single “Don’t Stop Believin” is the best selling digital song ever, with over 2 million downloads worldwide. The album that brought us this amazing hit, Escape, is also a nine-time platinum selling record. The band took a break from 1984-94, coming back with a new singer in 1998 and continue to tour to this day.
-Sasha Huff, 97.1 AMP Radio
See what’s new on MIX!
- Acoustic Sunrise Setlist: 12.4.16
- Enter To Win Tickets To An Advance Screening Of “Lion!”
- Celebrate The Holidays In Space At The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Listen To Win Tickets To The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Circus XTREME
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Christmas Celebration Tickets This Free Ticket Week
- Listen To Win Advance Screening Tickets To “Passengers”
- Community Connection – 9th Annual UCF Counseling Conference
- The Lumineers Cover ‘Blue Christmas’
- Join Mix 105.1 For Free Holiday Movies Featuring “Elf”
- DJ Earworm Mashes Up the Biggest Hits of 2016