It’s “Cupid’s Chokehold” like you’ve never seen it: acted out as a James Bond inspired drama. In a turn only the most irreverent aspects of the Internet could dream up, this video stages the song smack dab in the middle of a high-stakes poker game in 1963. Using the song lyrics as the plot, the players act out Gym Class Heroes’ hit song.
Things become especially humorous as the actors literally repeat a chorus of “oh oh oh”s and “ba ba da da”s from the track. The mood is enhanced with an eerie soundtrack and convincing period costumes. If you’re a fan of The Office you might also spot a familiar face. Creed Bratton, in a special guest role, plays the Villian. A surprise twist ending will keep you is worth watching to the end.
Catch Gym Class Heroes on tour through April across the East Coast and Midwest.
March 22, 2012
Wilmington, NC @ UNCW
March 29, 2012
Fond du Lac, WI @ Marian University
April 12, 2012
Rochester Hills, MI @ Meadow Brook Music Festival / Oakland University
April 13, 2012
Rochester, NY @ St. John Fisher College
April 15, 2012
Salem, MA @ Salem State University
April 17, 2012
Newport, RI @ Salve Regina University
April 19, 2012
Lexington, KY @ University of Kentucky
April 20, 2012
Valparaiso, IN @ Valparaiso University
April 22, 2012
Baltimore, MD @ UMBC
April 23, 2012
Macomb, IL @ Western Illinois University
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
See what’s new on MIX!
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’
- Alicia Keys Unlocks Her Music Vault On New Interactive Fan Site
- The 50 Happiest Cities In The U.S.
- Cabot Creamery Unveils New “Farmers Legacy Collection” In Time For The Holidays