Katy Perry Not Worried About Topping Herself On Third Album
[photogallerylink id=33791 align=left]It’s no surprise Katy Perry has one of the most sought after voices in music today, with six consecutive #1 hits, it seems she may just be a ‘Teenage Dream.’ But why isn’t she concerned about topping herself on her third album?
Katy Perry is set to release her ‘Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection’ later this month, and one would think she’d vacation or get away with all that she’s doing right now, but the ‘Part of Me’ singer has different plans. She’s already planning her follow-up album to the multi-platinum ‘Teenage Dream.’
Perry told MTV News that she hasn’t stepped into the studio, and she doesn’t want to jinx herself, but she does have an idea for the next two records. Perry said “What I say is, I’m gonna kind of put my finger out there and test the pulse or test the waters of what the world wants, or what I need to say, which is probably most important rather than what the world wants.”
Teenage Dream debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart, and Perry isn’t looking to out-do herself, but simply, she’s looking to follow her instincts. She said that she is going to do what feels right artistically and follow her heart, just like she’s done in the past and she just hopes people like it.
Are you ready for a ‘dark’ Katy Perry? Sound off in the comments below.
See what’s new on MIX!
- HBO Reveals Trailer, Release Date for Beyoncé & Jay Z ‘On the Run’ Concert Special
- Listen to OneRepublic’s Song for ‘The Giver’ Soundtrack, ‘Ordinary Human’
- Bastille Snags ‘Game of Thrones’ Star Sophie Turner for ‘Oblivion’: Watch
- Tim McGraw Responds to ‘That Slap’ In New Interview: ‘You Just Got to Move On’
- Reba McEntire Returns, Releases New Song with a Message: ‘Pray for Peace’