Artwork For Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival 2012 Revealed
[photogallerylink id=46893 align=left]MIX 105.1 will be on hand once again this year at the 53rd Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival which runs March 16th-18th so we were extremely excited to get a peek at the official poster for this year’s festival.
The poster art was designed by Robert C Beck, an American modern realist painter, printmaker, photographer and publisher of fine art media. Inspired by 19th and early 20th century American masters, Beck has developed a diverse knowledge of skills and media used in traditional works of art. His work is exhibited in museums, galleries and private collections around the country.
He is native to Florida and received his BA from Rollins College in his hometown of Winter Park, where he studied printmaking, drawing and photography. After graduating, Beck worked for a short time as an independent graphic designer until moving to Old Lyme, Connecticut where he studied figurative drawing and painting at the Lyme Academy of Fine Art.
Robert has a keen interest in the lakes and waterways of Central Florida and this year’s poster was inspired while cruising the waters of Lake Osceola on the Winter Park Boat Tour.
His studio currently resides in downtown Orlando, Florida.
For more info on the 53rd Annual Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival, visit the website at www.wpsaf.org.
What’s new on MIX?
- UNICEF Using Music to Educate Liberia About Ebola with ‘Ebola is Real': Listen
- Taylor Swift is Your Tour Guide in ‘Welcome to New York’
- Watch Taylor Swift’s Visit with the Naked Chef, ‘Shake It Off’ Parody ‘Bake It Off’
- Nick Carter & Jordan Knight Stop By The MIX105.1 Studio On Their Nick & Knight Tour
- Adam Alexander’s Bud Light Commercial Featuring Jimmy Johnson
- Singing Nun Releases Debut Single and It’s Madonna’s ‘Like a Virgin’
- Lorde’s ‘Hunger Games’ Soundtrack to Feature Kanye West, Charli XCX, Tinashé
- You Are Not Alone: James Blunt Also Got Sick of Hearing ‘You’re Beautiful’
- Watch Kelly Clarkson Cover Sam Smith’s ‘Stay With Me’
- A Local’s Guide To Getting The Most Out Of Halloween Horror Nights At Universal Orlando