Artwork For Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival 2012 Revealed
[photogallerylink id=46893 align=left]MIX 105.1 will be on hand once again this year at the 53rd Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival which runs March 16th-18th so we were extremely excited to get a peek at the official poster for this year’s festival.
The poster art was designed by Robert C Beck, an American modern realist painter, printmaker, photographer and publisher of fine art media. Inspired by 19th and early 20th century American masters, Beck has developed a diverse knowledge of skills and media used in traditional works of art. His work is exhibited in museums, galleries and private collections around the country.
He is native to Florida and received his BA from Rollins College in his hometown of Winter Park, where he studied printmaking, drawing and photography. After graduating, Beck worked for a short time as an independent graphic designer until moving to Old Lyme, Connecticut where he studied figurative drawing and painting at the Lyme Academy of Fine Art.
Robert has a keen interest in the lakes and waterways of Central Florida and this year’s poster was inspired while cruising the waters of Lake Osceola on the Winter Park Boat Tour.
His studio currently resides in downtown Orlando, Florida.
For more info on the 53rd Annual Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival, visit the website at www.wpsaf.org.
What’s new on MIX?
- Free Showing Of Frozen This Friday Night
- ‘Jersey Boys’ Makes Triumphant Return To Bob Carr
- Nate Ruess Talks fun.’s New Album: ‘It’s Moving’
- Lorde Finally Meets the Baseball Player Who Inspired ‘Royals’
- Coldplay Announce Tour Dates Behind New Album, ‘Ghost Stories’
- Billboard Hot 100 Sets Record for Gridlock as ‘Happy’ Retains Top Spot
- 7 Ways To Make Yourself Charming
- [VIDEO] A Kid Was Shooting A Selfie Video Next To A Moving Train And The Conductor Kicked Him In The Head
- Lorde Meets ‘Royals’ Inspiration, George Brett
- 10 Women Who Should Headline Coachella In 2015