Artwork For Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival 2012 Revealed
[photogallerylink id=46893 align=left]MIX 105.1 will be on hand once again this year at the 53rd Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival which runs March 16th-18th so we were extremely excited to get a peek at the official poster for this year’s festival.
The poster art was designed by Robert C Beck, an American modern realist painter, printmaker, photographer and publisher of fine art media. Inspired by 19th and early 20th century American masters, Beck has developed a diverse knowledge of skills and media used in traditional works of art. His work is exhibited in museums, galleries and private collections around the country.
He is native to Florida and received his BA from Rollins College in his hometown of Winter Park, where he studied printmaking, drawing and photography. After graduating, Beck worked for a short time as an independent graphic designer until moving to Old Lyme, Connecticut where he studied figurative drawing and painting at the Lyme Academy of Fine Art.
Robert has a keen interest in the lakes and waterways of Central Florida and this year’s poster was inspired while cruising the waters of Lake Osceola on the Winter Park Boat Tour.
His studio currently resides in downtown Orlando, Florida.
For more info on the 53rd Annual Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival, visit the website at www.wpsaf.org.
What’s new on MIX?
- Would Chris Pratt Make a Good Indiana Jones?
- Taylor Swift Patents Lyrics, Including ‘This Sick Beat’
- The Morning MIX Daily Podcast (01/28/15)
- Ella Henderson on Taking Inspiration from Mermaids and Valentino in Style Files
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Added to List of 2015 GRAMMY Performers
- A New App Tells You Which People To Eliminate From Your Life
- Madonna Calls Taylor Swift the ‘Princess’ of Pop, Now Taylor Swift is ‘Dead’
- How Phillip Phillips’ Lawsuit Will Expose and Change ‘American Idol’
- Nick Jonas Joins ‘Scream Queens’ Cast with Ariana Grande
- Adam’s Fun Facts For Wednesday