Cee Lo Demo for Whitney Houston Surfaces
[photogallerylink id=89923 align=left]Imagine a world where Cee Lo and Whitney Houston collaborated. Unfortunately it is now impossible, but once it almost happened. Producer Waajeed, who was working with Houston on her 2009 album I Look To You, released Cee Lo’s vocal version of a demo track for Houston called “All Alone Now.”
Cee Lo wrote the track for the recently deceased diva in 2007. Waajeed commented, “At the time she was going though her very public separation with Bobby Brown. [Cee Lo] wrote the words as if she was speaking directly to him. I wish I would’ve been able to hear her wonderful voice singing these words, but for now Cee-Lo [sic] will do.”
Waajeed alludes to RCA, Houston’s label under the direction of her longtime mentor Clive Davis, calling any- and everyone to send in tracks for the troubled star’s album. Ultimately the song did not make the cut to be included on I Look To You, which debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 as Houston’s first #1 album since The Bodyguard soundtrack.
See what’s new on MIX!
- Join MIX105.1 At The Carnival Of Screams
- Listen This Saturday Night To Win Tickets To Enrique & Pitbull At The Amway Center
- MetroPCS Is Giving You A Shot To Win Tickets To The Beer & Bacon Festival & $125 Worth Of Restaurant Gift Cards
- Listen To Win Tickets To An Orlando Magic Game At The Amway Center
- Listen To Win Tickets To Luke Bryan In Concert