[AUDIO] Morning MIX Rewind: Mary J. Blige Talks About Death Of Whitney Houston And Getting Discovered
Did you miss what [listenlive id="485"]Scott McKenzie & The Morning MIX[/listenlive] were talking about earlier today? [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Mary J. Blige[/lastfm] is in Orlando for NBA All Star Weekend and she stopped by the MIX105.1 studios [pullquote quote="It was all about Whitney and Mariah, I was a hood rat so to speak, and Puffy saw me and knew what to do with me..." credit="Mary J. Blige"] to chat about all things Mary J! From her new CD, “My Life II,” to the death of her friend [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], her upcoming movie “Rock of Ages” with Tom Cruise, and how she got discovered! She’s a real living-legend. Listen to Mary J. Blige on The Morning MIX!
Speaking on the death and legacy of Whitney Houston, she said:
Environment is very, very important. So if you have yes men and people around you that just want a check and they will tell you anything and give you anything just to keep you nice and liquored up and high or whatever you need to be just to satisfy them, you’re messed up.
When you think about Whitney, she was always nice to us. Like she gave me my first shot on Divas Live when I was considered as the little girl from the ghetto that nobody wanted to mess with and everyone was scared of me and scared of my camp, Whitney called me.
She was always giving to all of us, even when she was at the top.
Mary J. Blige, Part 1
Mary J. Blige, Part 2
Mary J. Blige, Part 3
What’s new on MIX?
- The 10 Signs You’re Turning Into Your Father
- Spring Into The Magic With 3-Day Discover Disney Tickets This Weekend!
- First Trailer For Faux Prince Harry Dating Show Revealed
- Under The Covers With CJ: The Ellen Show Covers “Let It Go”
- Dana’s Dirt – Jenny McCarthy And Donnie Wahlberg Are Engaged
- Free Showing Of Disney’s FROZEN This Friday Night!
- ‘Jersey Boys’ Makes Triumphant Return To Bob Carr
- Nate Ruess Talks fun.’s New Album: ‘It’s Moving’
- Lorde Finally Meets the Baseball Player Who Inspired ‘Royals’
- Coldplay Announce Tour Dates Behind New Album, ‘Ghost Stories’